How To Install Windows 8 on PC/Laptop. This is a generation operating system that is quite widely used in computers and laptops. The interface is capable of being used on touch screen devices, so it is designed to support tablet devices. Installation is easy, we just follow the procedure in accordance with steps appearing on the srceen, and apply for basic, home, professional, 32 or 64-bit, or something similar.
Before Getting Started
Be sure to follow the following procedure:
- Prepare the Windows 8 DVD installation OR that has been transferred into the USB Flash Drive (follow this link).
- Prepare Product Key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). The code is usually provided on DVD package it self, if confused ask the seller.
- It is important to know the Processor Type used 32-bit or 64-bit, Read here.
- PC Hardware System Specification meets Minimum Requirements, See here.
- Prepare the Windows Driver to maximize system performance. This is done after the installation is complete.
- Prepare software or important programs, because the original windows only provide limited applications. This is done after the process is complete.
Clean Install Windows 8 is a great way to reinstall a variety of tangled problems with a cluttered operating system in a computer or laptop. It can delete all files in the system drive without any remaining even once, including the virus, then replace it with the new system from scratch. Because of that pay attention when delete the drive later so that important files will still remain, or if you’re not sure, save to a safe place.
Follow the steps below to install Windows 8 on a computer or laptop:
- Turn on your computer or Laptop. Especially for those who use Flash Drive as installation media, first you must plug-in the Flash Drive before the PC is turned on, so BIOS can detect this.
- Set First “Boot” in the BIOS Menu.
Enter the BIOS Menu by pressing the “Del” button continuously and quickly WHEN PC is turned on, while in other brands can try to press F1 / F2 / F9 / F10. Some laptop brands may also pressing the “fn” along with F1 / F2 etc, for the button to work.
If already entered BIOS, then search for “Boot”. Make sure the first Boot on DVD OR Flash Drive (Removeable) as the media.
- Insert Windows 8 DVD for those using optical drives as media.
- Once you are sure for Boot Settings, save and “restart”, then it will look like the picture below, press ENTER to start the installation process.
- Select Language “English” and click “Next”.
- Click “Install now” to continue.
- Enter “Product Key”, usually this code is on DVD package.
- Confirm License Terms and Click the small box “I Accept the license terms”, and then click “Next”.
- Select “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)”. This is a “Clean Install” procedure and starts over again so the operating system is virus-free.
- Arrange Partitions for system installation selection as desired. The previous operating system partition must be removed by pressing “Delete” and replaced with the new partition. This setting can be done when the cursor is set on a particular partition, then a full setup button will be available.
“New” to Create a New Partition.
“Delete” to Remove Partition.
“Format” to Format Partition.
Please note, Make sure the Partition that contains the important data is not deleted, this is a very important step and should be careful, and if not sure save important data in Flashdisk or other safe place.
Set the cursor on the desired partition for the new windows installation, then click Next like the picture above to continue.
- Start the transfer and installation process.
At this stage it will run automatically, then it will automatically restart for several times and let it be, just do not click anything until it meets the image on next step.
Note: If in this process there is “error” (getting files ready for installation), it means memory is not good, you can try to retry the process or replace the memory.
- For those who use Flash Drive, you MUST remove it or unplug it when restarting, if not you may repeat the step above, but you can skip this by restart the PC again and remove the flash drive.
- After the next restart, you will have to set some of windows 8 setting like “Personilize”, you can select base color and give the PC name then Click Next.
- Set “Settings”. Choose “Express setting” to make it faster.
- Create a new “Account” freeto fill as you wish, just select “create a local account” then click Finish.
- Create Account “User Name” then Click Finish.
- Wait for the Applications setup included in the package.
- Start Screen view.
- Desktop View. This screen appears by selecting on the start screen as shown above, in the lower left corner or by pressing the “Windows+D” button.
Each time you complete the installation process, It is required to check the windows-driver like Graphics driver, Audio, Network, or related according to the brand. Drivers are so IMPORTANT for maximum and fast PC performance. Usually this Driver is provided in a separate CD/DVD given when you buy a Laptop or Computer, if you don’t have then you have to download from the internet. However, in some brands, this is usually not necessary because it is integrated with the system.