How To Install Windows 7 on PC/Laptop. This is probably the most popular operating system, much-loved and used on computers or laptops. There are many reasons, probably because that is pretty good, the interface can easily recognized and its fast performance can compete with the next generation. The Installation is very easy, we just follow the procedure in accordance with the steps that appear on the screen, and this apply to each edition including basic, home, professional, ultimate, 32 or 64-bit.
PREPARATION BEFORE STARTING
Make sure you follow the following procedure:
- Prepare Windows 7 DVD Setup Installation OR that already transferred into USB Flash Drive (follow this link).
- Prepare Product Key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx), this is an option, you can skip this and can be entered after the process completed. The code provided on the DVD itself, if confused ask the seller.
- It is important to know Processor Type used 32-bit or 64-bit, Read here.
- The PC Hardware Specifications meet the Minimum System Requirements, See here.
- Prepare the Windows Driver to maximize system performance. This is an option and can be done after the installation completed.
- Prepare software or an important program, because the original windows only provide limited applications. This is done after the process is complete.
Clean Install Windows 7 is the best way to reinstall and solve serious problem with a tangled system in a computer or laptop. This will erase the entire file in the system drive without any left, including the virus if it exists, then replace it with the new system from scratch. Therefore please pay attention when you delete later for files on other drives, or if you are not sure, save first in another place.
Steps to install Windows 7:
- Turn on the Computer or Laptop and go to “BIOS” Menu.
To enter the BIOS MENU, WHEN you turn on the PC as above picture, press F2 key continuously, on some other laptop brand press Esc, F1, F10 or Del On Computer.
Note, In some brands of laptops may also while pressing the “fn” along with F1 / F2 etc.
- Set up the First “boot” in the BIOS MENU.
The picture above is an example of BIOS menu or Setup Utility, it depends on the brand.
- Find the “Boot” Tab menu to set the initial boot.
Point First Boot to CD/DVD or Flash Drive (Removeable) as you wish, This display also varies depending on brand.
Change first Boot on BIOS Menu To CD/DVD, whereas if using Flash drive change first boot to Removeable or so on, this is required for first Booting to read the media.
Especially for the first boot using a flash drive, it must plugged-in before turning on the PC.
- Save BIOS Settings, Click “Exit” and then “Exit Saving Changes” by clicking “Yes”.
Your computer or Laptop will restart immediately. Do not Forget insert Windows 7 DVD setup before restart, if there is no media DVD or Flash drive, it must be repeated again.
- The PC will start booting and reading the media.
Click any key on the keyboard, for example ENTER and the time is only 5 seconds, if 5 seconds done nothing, the process will not happen, you must restart again.
- Wait for the process, at this stage do nothing.
- Choose English, then Click “Next”.
- Click “Install Now” to continue the installation.
- Click “I accept the license terms”, then Click “Next”.
- Choose advanced options to continue Fresh Install.
In this Step, very important, Click “Custom advanced”. This stage means to start from scratch, so the system will be like new, and delete the old one.
- Arrange Partitions for system installation selection as desired. The previous operating system partition must be removed by pressing “Delete” and replaced with the new partition. This setting can be done when the cursor is set on a particular partition, it will be counted.
“New” to Create a New Partition.
“Delete” to Remove artition.
“Format” for format Partition.
Please note, Make sure the Partition that contains the important data is not deleted, this is a very important step and should be careful, and if not sure save important data in other safe place.
Set the cursor on the desired partition for the new windows installation, then click “Next” like the picture above to proceed.
- Continue installation on the New Partition.
- Wait for the file transfer to complete and continue the process.
Installation Process Really started, in this stage we can relax, because the next will run Automatic.
Do not click anything, just leave it to restart by itself.
If At “Expanding Windows files” there is “error”, it means memory is broken, try to repeat again from the beginning if “error”. If it is smooth, it will restart automatically.
- The process continues automatically, and restarts by itself. If you are using DVD then don’t do anything, but if using a flash drive then when a PC restart you must unplugged the flash drive.
- Automatic restart, Let the Process Continue and DO NOT click anything.
- Don’t click anything, The process is almost done, and will restart again automatically.
- You will find some of the data to Fill like creating a username, password, product key, and time. Fill as you desired.
If you already have the Code, input it in the box provided, and click “Automatically activate Windows”. If not, do not fill anything, so you can Skip this.
- Click “Use recommended settings”.
- Set the current time, adjust to the desired one, then click “Next”.
Each time you complete the process above, You MUST check the windows drivers like Graphics drivers, Audio Drivers, Network Drivers, or related to the driver according to its brand, there is usually a separate CD/DVD given when buying a Laptop or Computer, if there is no CD/DVD Driver then you will need to download. But On some PC Brands, usually this is not needed because it is already integrated with the system.